CITY HALL CLOSED
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
August 11, 2015
301 Main Street
Weston, Texas is located in Northern Collin County at the intersection of FM 543 and FM 455, approximately 13 miles northwest of McKinney, Texas and 8 miles east of Celina, Texas.
Settlers arriving in the area in the early 1840’s make Weston one of the oldest towns in Collin County, Texas. William Culwell settled one-fourth mile south of present-day Weston in 1842. The city’s logo, a broken wagon wheel on a settler's wagon, was chosen based on the story, whether fact or folklore, that a broken wheel led to the community’s beginnings. Weston was named by Larkin Adamson after his hometown of Weston, Missouri. Adamson, who settled here in 1850, built Weston’s first store and was named its first postmaster in 1854. Weston was one of the first of five cities in Texas to have rural free delivery beginning March 15, 1900.
In 1880 the town had two churches, a school, five general stores, three grocery stores and two gin mills. A stage coach made daily runs to Van Alstyne. Weston was first incorporated in 1887 with William Denny as its first mayor.
ANNA-WESTON EXIT CONGESTION
TxDOT is very aware of this problem and are developing construction plans for a project that will involve the complete reconstruction of the US 75/FM 455 interchange. This project will relocate/reconstruct all entry/exit ramps, make improvement to the frontage roads, and widen the bridge over US 75. Although the construction has not yet been scheduled, TxDOT has assured us that they are placing a priority on securing funding for the project.
City of Weston | 301 Main Street
Weston, Texas 75009
P.O. Box 248 | Weston, Texas 75097