WESTON CITY COUNCIL 7:30PM
WESTON CITY HALL 301 MAIN STREET WESTON, TEXAS
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2019
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
At any time
during an Open Public Meeting the Weston City Council may adjourn to a Closed
Executive Session pursuant to Chapters 551 and 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) of the Local Government Code.
are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any subject of which the City
of Weston has authority. However, no discussion or action, by law, may be taken
on the topic unless the item is on the agenda or until properly posted on a
future agenda, other than to make statements of specific factual information in response to a citizen's inquiry or to recite existing policy in response to the inquiry.
By law, these items consist of non-controversial or "housekeeping" items. Items may be considered individually by any Council member making such a request prior to a motion and vote on the Consent Agenda items.
2. Consider and act upon the Minutes of the November 12, 14, and 21, 2019 meetings
3. Consider and act upon the Financial Report for November 2019
4. Consider and Act Upon the Appointment of Mayor Pro tempore
5. Consider and Act Upon a Resolution designating bank signatories
6. Consider and Act Upon accepting the 2019 audit as submitted by William C. Spore, P.C.
7. Consider and Act Upon the repair of the City Hall ramp
8. Consider and Possibly Act Upon establishing new committees which may include Beautification and Historical Designation, Thoroughfare Planning, and Special Residential Revitalization (SRR) District Zoning Restrictions.
9. Discussion regarding downtown addressing and street names
10. Discussion regarding the International Building Code accessory building size for permitting requirements
11. Update on the installation of Stop and Children at Play signs on North and Chicken Streets
12. Update on meeting with City Attorney
13. Council and Mayor Comments - Announcements regarding
local/regional civic and charitable events, commendation of citizens,
acknowledgement of meeting attendees, traffic issues, awards, staff
recognition, birthdays, condolences, upcoming meetings, and Council requests
for items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
Council meetings bring together citizens of many varied interests and ideas. To
insure fairness and orderly meetings, the City Council asks that all cellular
phones or audible beepers be silenced while City Council is in session. All persons should refrain from private
conversation, eating, drinking and smoking while in the Council Chamber. Citizens and other visitors attending City
Council meetings shall observe the same rules of propriety, decorum and good
conduct applicable to members of the City Council. No one shall delay or interrupt the
proceedings, or refuse to obey the orders of the presiding officer.
CITY COUNCIL VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to prepare for and to embrace the future while sustaining
and preserving the identity and heritage which makes Weston unique.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.