WESTON CITY COUNCIL 7:30PM
TUESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2019
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
At any time
during an Open Public Meeting the Weston City Council may adjourn to a Closed
Executive Session pursuant to Chapters 551 and 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) of the Local Government Code.
By law, these items consist of non-controversial or "housekeeping" items. Items may be considered individually by any Council member making such a request prior to a motion and vote on the Consent Agenda items.
1. Consider and act upon the Minutes of the July 9, July 23, and July 27, 2019 meetings
2. Consider and act upon the Financial Report for July 2019
3. Consider and act upon authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement with Freeman-Millican, Inc., City Engineer, authorizing them to update the City of Weston’s Future Land Use Plan
4. Consider and act upon authorizing the Mayor to enter into a Code Enforcement Contract with SAFEbuilt Texas, LLC
5. Consider and act upon authorizing the Mayor to enter into a contract with Hilltop Securities as the City’s Financial Advisor
6. Consider and act upon an Ordinance altering the Prima Facie speed limits established for vehicles under the provisions of Texas Transportation Code 545.356 upon Farm to Market Highway No. 455
7. Consider and act upon an Order of Election for the November 5, 2019 General Election for one Mayor and two Aldermen
8. Consider and act upon an Ordinance amending Ordinance 2016-03-02, Subdivision Regulations, Section 52.D. Street Lighting, requiring a Facilities Agreement for subdividers or developers payment of street light energy consumption costs.
9. Consider and act upon a proposal for Design for Phase I of the East Fork Wastewater Treatment Plant and Offsite Lift Station for the Weston Trails subdivision by Freeman Millican, Inc.
10. Consider and act upon a proposal for Design and Bids for Construction of a Wastewater Trunk Line and Lift Station for the downtown Weston area by Freeman Millican, Inc.
11. Consider and act upon a proposal for Design and Bids for Construction of a Force Main and Gravity Sewer Line from the proposed lift station to the proposed East Fork Wastewater Treatment Plant for the Weston Trails subdivision by Freeman Millican, Inc.
are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any subject of which the City
of Weston has authority. However, no discussion or action, by law, may be taken
on the topic unless the item is on the agenda or until properly posted on a
future agenda, other than to make statements of specific factual information in response to a citizen's inquiry or to recite existing policy in response to the inquiry.
13. Consider and act upon FY2020 budget adjustments
14. Public Hearing – FY2020 budget
15. Consider and act upon a Subdivision Ordinance Variance Request from Van Buren Estates LLC regarding Section 52 C, Sidewalks
16. Council and Mayor Comments - Announcements regarding
local/regional civic and charitable events, commendation of citizens,
acknowledgement of meeting attendees, traffic issues, awards, staff
recognition, birthdays, condolences, upcoming meetings, and Council requests
for items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
Council meetings bring together citizens of many varied interests and ideas. To
insure fairness and orderly meetings, the City Council asks that all cellular
phones or audible beepers be silenced while City Council is in session. All persons should refrain from private
conversation, eating, drinking and smoking while in the Council Chamber. Citizens and other visitors attending City
Council meetings shall observe the same rules of propriety, decorum and good
conduct applicable to members of the City Council. No one shall delay or interrupt the
proceedings, or refuse to obey the orders of the presiding officer.
WESTON CITY HALL
301 MAIN STREET
CITY COUNCIL VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to prepare for and to embrace the future while sustaining
and preserving the identity and heritage which makes Weston unique.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.