SPECIAL CALLED MEETING
WESTON CITY COUNCIL
7:00 PM, THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
1. Citizens are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any subject of which the City of Weston has authority. However, no discussion or action, by law, may be taken on the topic unless the item is on the agenda or until properly posted on a future agenda.
2. Receive public input regarding the proposed Fiscal Year 2022 budget.
3. Receive public input regarding the proposed 2021 Ad Valorem tax rate.
4. Consider and act upon an Ordinance adopting the Fiscal Year 2022 Budget
5. Consider and act upon an Ordinance ratifying the 2021 Ad Valorem Tax Rate as set forth in the Fiscal Year 2022 Budget
6. Consider and act upon an Ordinance approving the 2021 Ad Valorem Tax Rate
7. Council and Mayor Comments - Announcements regarding local/regional civic and charitable events, commendation of citizens, acknowledgement of meeting attendees, traffic issues, awards, staff recognition, birthdays, condolences, upcoming meetings, and Council requests for items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
8. Closed Executive Session – Economic Development
Sec. 551.087. DELIBERATION REGARDING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEGOTIATIONS; CLOSED MEETING. This chapter does not require a governmental body to conduct an open meeting: (1) to discuss or deliberate regarding commercial or financial information that the governmental body has received from a business prospect that the governmental body seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the governmental body and with which the governmental body is conducting economic development negotiations; or (2) to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect described by Subparagraph (1).
a. Megatel Offer
Council meetings bring together citizens of many varied interests and ideas. To
insure fairness and orderly meetings, the City Council asks that all cellular
phones or audible beepers be silenced while City Council is in session. All persons should refrain from private
conversation, eating, drinking and smoking while in the Council Chamber. Citizens and other visitors attending City
Council meetings shall observe the same rules of propriety, decorum and good
conduct applicable to members of the City Council. No one shall delay or interrupt the
proceedings, or refuse to obey the orders of the presiding officer.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.