REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A PLAN REVIEW
You may email Items 1-3 to email@example.com or submit on a flash drive. No paper copies are required.
1. Completed Construction Permit Application Packet
2. Site Plan. Plans must include:
a. Location, dimensions and type of driveway and connection to public access road
b. Distance from building to property line on all sides
c. Location of fence (if applicable)
d. Easements and drainage design
3. One complete set of engineered, stamped, construction plans. (If the structure is a manufactured home, a copy of the manufacturer's plans are required in lieu of the engineered, stamped construction plans.)
All plans must include:
a. Floor Plan(s) including:
· Cover sheet with options indicated clearly
· Rooms names
· Square footage breakdown / elevation drawings
b. Electrical and plumbing plans including:
· Include fixtures, counters, cabinets, etc.
· Electrical outlets (make distinction of the GFI outlets) and switches
· Smoke and CO detectors
c. Engineered Construction Plans including:
· Engineered foundation plan and foundation design letter
· Ceiling framing plan (for each floor)
· Shear walls plans
· Roof framing plan
· Engineered detail pages.
d. Grading Plan
4. Plan Review Fee (see City of Weston Fee Schedule) - Packet will not be forwarded to the Building Official until the fee has been received by City Hall
5. HOA plan approval (if Van Buren Estates)
Allow a minimum of five (5) full business days (excluding Fridays when City Hall is closed) for the plan review. The applicant will be notified when the plan review has been completed.
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A BUILDING PERMIT
1. Off-Site Septic Facility (OSSF) Permit from Collin County Development Services
2. ALL contractor registrations and applicable fees (see City of Weston Fee Schedule)
3. Permit fee and associated inspection fees (see City of Weston Fee Schedule)
4. Copy of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) registration confirmation page (for all commercial construction exceeding $50,000)
5. Asbestos Survey Certification (commercial construction only)
ALL PAYMENTS SHOULD BE IN THE FORM OF A CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO THE CITY OF WESTON. THE CITY OF WESTON CURRENTLY DOES NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS.
IF ALL BUILDING PERMIT FEES ARE PAID AT THE SAME TIME AS THE PLAN REVIEW FEES, THE BUILDING PERMIT WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU ONCE THE PLAN REVIEW IS COMPLETE.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.