REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A BUILDING PERMIT
All documents must be emailed to email@example.com. No paper copies will be accepted. ALL PAYMENTS SHOULD BE IN THE FORM OF A CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO THE CITY OF WESTON. THE CITY OF WESTON CURRENTLY DOES NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS.
1. Completed Construction Permit Application Packet
2. Permit fee and associated inspection fees (see City of Weston Fee Schedule)
3. ALL contractor registrations and applicable fees (see City of Weston Fee Schedule)
4. Site Plan. Plans must include:
a. Location, dimensions and type of driveway and connection to public access road
b. Distance from building to property line on all sides
c. Location of fence (if applicable)
d. Easements and drainage design
5. One complete set of engineered, stamped, construction plans. (If the structure is a manufactured home, a copy of the manufacturer's plans are required in lieu of the engineered, stamped construction plans.)
All plans must include:
a. Floor Plan(s) including:
· Cover sheet with options indicated clearly
· Rooms names
· Square footage breakdown / elevation drawings
b. Electrical and plumbing plans including:
· Include fixtures, counters, cabinets, etc.
· Electrical outlets (make distinction of the GFI outlets) and switches
· Smoke and CO detectors
c. Engineered Construction Plans including:
· Engineered foundation plan and foundation design letter
· Ceiling framing plan (for each floor)
· Shear walls plans
· Roof framing plan
· Engineered detail pages.
d. Grading Plan
6. On-Site Septic Facility (OSSF) Permit from Collin County Development Services (permit required for new residential/commercial construction, approval required for swimming pool if OSSF is onsite)
7. TXDOT drive-approach permit (if applicable)
Allow a minimum of five (5) full business days (excluding Fridays when City Hall is closed) for the plan review. The applicant will be notified when the plan review has been completed.
ADDITIONL REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A COMMERCIAL BUILDING PERMIT
1. Copy of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) registration confirmation page (for all commercial construction exceeding $50,000)
2. Asbestos Survey Certification (commercial construction only)
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.