Skip Navigation
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question you would like to see posted, email City Hall .

Are construction permits required in Weston?
Permits and inspections are required within the city limits of Weston. This includes new construction, remodels, additions, demolitions, fences, and others. Permits for swimming pools and spas are also required. Click here for more on construction permits, including the application. 

Are contractors required to register to perform work in Weston? 
Yes.  All contractors, to include General Contractors, must register and pay a $75 fee.  Click here for the application.

Is there a Zoning Ordinance in Weston?
Yes.   Click here for the ordinance.

What schools serve the Weston area?
Weston is served by both  McKinney ISD and Celina ISD . Please contact their offices directly.

How can I get an item placed on the agenda for a City Council meeting?
Click Here for the form.

Is a permit required for burning on my property?
Yes. Permits valid for one year for burning acceptable materials may be obtained at Weston City Hall for $25.00. All fees benefit the Weston Volunteer Fire Department.

Does Weston have an animal control ordinance?
Yes. Dogs and cats are required to have a current rabies vaccination. Weston's animal control ordinance prohibits most animals, to include dogs and chickens, from running at large.  They must be completely confined by a building, wall, or fence of sufficient strength or construction to restrain the animal, on a leash or held in the hands of the owner or keeper, or under direct personal supervision of the owner within the limits of the owner’s private property.  You may report an animal problem by directly contacting Collin County Animal Control at (972) 547-7292.  

Copyright © Town of Weston, Texas 2024. All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM